DECORATIVE METAL SCREENS - METAL SCREENS
DECORATIVE METAL SCREENS - CANDLE WEDDING DECORATION - HOME DECOR BATH.
Decorative Metal Screens
- (Metal screen) A screen consisting of dense metal (usually lead) that both filters radiation and intensifies an image by emiting electrons when exposed to X- or gamma rays.
- (decorativeness) an appearance that serves to decorate and make something more attractive
- Relating to decoration
- Serving to make something look more attractive; ornamental
- cosmetic: serving an esthetic rather than a useful purpose; "cosmetic fenders on cars"; "the buildings were utilitarian rather than decorative"
Elegant Decorative Metal Fireplace Screen
This is a brand new free standing fireplace screen. This will make a wonderful piece in your home. Also, makes a wonderful house warming gift. This fireplace screen is made to look antique with the metal hand polished finishing. The Fireplace Screen comes in one complete large box. The size of the Fireplace Screen is about 36" inches in Height and about 50" inches in Width. Note: Due to the item hand made workmanship, there may be few minor blemishes, scratches, irregularities, and/ or imperfection; this is intended to make the item have unique antiquity hand made appearance.
(former) Yale Club of New York City Building (now Penn Club of New York)
The former Yale Club of New York City Building is located along “clubhouse row,” West 44th Street between Fifth and Sixth Avenues, its neighbors including the Harvard Club, New York Yacht Club, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, and former City Club. This Beaux-Arts style building, constructed in 1900-01 by builder Marc Eidlitz & Son, was designed by [Evarts] Tracy & [Egerton] Swartwout, both Yale University graduates, Yale Club members, and former employees of McKim, Mead & White.
It was one of the first high-rise clubhouse buildings in the city, with over half the floors devoted to bachelor apartments, during the era when bachelor apartment hotels were a necessity in the vicinity. The original 11-story, 50-foot-wide front facade features a double-story rusticated limestone base and red brick cladding laid in Flemish bond (with glazed headers) above, balconies, a profusion of terra-cotta ornament (manufactured by the New York Architectural Terra Cotta Co.), and an oversized arch surmounted by a cartouche above the widely-projecting bracketed copper cornice. Its tripartite composition reflected the original internal organization: club rooms on the lower stories, bachelor apartments in the middle section, and upper club dining rooms and service area.
Organized in 1897, the Yale Club of New York City remained here until 1915, when it moved to a larger facility two blocks east. This structure was next owned (1916-25) by Delta Kappa Epsilon, a fraternity founded at Yale, and used as a club and headquarters. The Army & Navy Club of America was located here from 1925 until its bankruptcy in 1933. The building remained vacant until it was acquired by the U. S. Government in 1943; it served as the Maritime Service Center during World War II, and after 1948 as headquarters of the U.S. Army Organized Reserve Corps. It was donated as “surplus property” to Touro College in 1971. Acquired by the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania in 1989, this has been the home since 1994 of the Penn Club of New York, which added three upper stories by [David P.] Helpern Architects.
The 50-foot-wide, Beaux-Arts style Yale Club of New York City Building (1900-01) was originally 11 stories; three upper stories were added in 1992-94 by [David P.] Helpern Architects.
Base: The two-story, three-bay base of the building is clad in rusticated limestone above a granite watertable. The central entrance has a bossed surround surmounted by a bracketed decorative molded entablature (which was originally surmounted by a cartouche bearing the Yale University shield flanked by foliation and anthemia, removed c. 1939-47). Originally there was an areaway with metal railings (removed 1916). The entrance is approached by granite steps flanked by granite cheekwalls and a granite threshold in the outer vestibule (the cheekwalls and steps were reduced in depth 1916); curved metal railings, decorative metal lampposts and a sidewalk awning were installed (1992-94). The original double metal entrance doors were later replaced by double metal-and-glass doors with decorative metalwork and a transom. The outer vestibule has side metal grilles; a decorative metal screen was placed at the top of the opening (1992-94). Originally there was a basement doorway in the eastern bay (altered pre-1979) and a basement window in the western bay, with windows above each (with one-over-one wood sash); on both bays the basement and first-story openings were joined (1992-94) and have metal doors surmounted by pediments (with light fixtures) and metal screens. These doorway openings have voussoirs surmounted by panels decorated with plain disks flanked by foliation. The central second-story bay is a multi-pane window group with its original metal framing having a bracketed central pediment decorated with anthemia and a band decorated with bosses, and pivot sash. This window group is flanked by Ionic combination pilaster-half columns supporting a plaque (that originally bore a Yale Club inscription, now covered). Flagpoles were installed on either side of the central bay (1992-94). The outer second-story windows (with original double pivot sash) have voussoirs surmounted by plaques (originally bearing the dates MDCCCXCVII and MDCCCCI, now covered) flanked by swags, which are surmounted by bands decorated with bosses. The base is terminated by a molded and denticulated cornice.
Midsection: The four-bay midsection is clad in red brick laid in Flemish bond (with glazed headers) with terra-cotta ornamental details. One-over-one sash were originally wood (now metal). The third-story central bays are flanked by decorative panels surmounted by a pierced balcony supported by large foliated brackets; the outer bays have paneled pilasters that support corbeled pediments decorated with anthemia, and are flanked by disks (originally bearing Yale-related letters and ornament, now plain) and ornamental bands. The fourth- through th
This is another decorative steel screen in front of the Roybal Health Center at the East L.A. Civic Center.
kitchen decoration ideas
easter egg decorating idea
table decor and more
boys nursery wall decor
college apartments decorating
the decorating book
white decorative mirrors
star theme party decorations